Banana and Peanut Butter Ice Cream
This is a very handy trick for any vegan. You wouldn't believe it when tasting it but this "ice cream" is made with bananas and that is all (shhh... don't tell the dairy eaters). If you blend bananas for long enough they become creamy, light and smooth. You can then chose your own flavour combinations. Banana peanut butter is my favourite but try adding a spoon of cocoa powder, crushed nuts or dairy free chocolate chips.
Write a review
- 2 banans
- 1 large dollop of peanut butter
- Peel the banana and freeze for around 2 hours.
- Remove the banana from the freezer and break / cut into small chunks. Add to the food processor and process until the bananas look creamy and frothy. This will take a little while. Don't be fooled into stopping the food processor too early or your ice cream will have the texture of pureed banana which will give the game away...
- Once you've achieved the right consistency add the peanut butter (or any other additions) and pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a tub and return to the freezer to set (if you haven't eaten it all before it makes it back to the freezer).
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/