Blueberry and Polenta Pancakes
These pancakes use linseed instead of eggs so are suitable for vegans. The linseed and polenta give the pancakes a hearty texture and meal so make the perfect brunch for a busy weekend.
Write a review
- 150g plain flour
- 120g fine polenta
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 260ml your favourite dairy free milk (coconut, soya, oat etc.)
- 2 tbsp linseed
- 60 ml water
- Oil of frying
- Maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Dairy free yogurt (coconut, soya etc) for serving (optional)
- Grind the linseed, add the water, whisk together then set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingrediants and whisk together until smooth.
- Using a mister, lightly oil a frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Spoon a ladle-full of pancake batter into the pan, and drop the blueberries onto the pancake. Cook on one side for a few minutes then flip and cook on the other side until cooked through. Either scoff straight away or keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining pancakes. Re-oil the pan between each pancake and be careful not to let the pan get to hot - take off the heat between pancakes if necessary.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add fresh berries / a spoonful of dairy free yogurt to serve.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/