Butternut squash and coconut soup
A creamy soup with a kick of chilli and ginger to warm up a winter's day.
Write a review
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tin light coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 500ml miso bouillon
- Thumb fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 hot dried red chillies (or to taste)
- Olive oil
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic, chillies and ginger. Gently fry in a large pan in a glug of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and dice. Add to the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes until the squash is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth and season to taste.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/