Butternut Squash Curry with Coconut and Peanut
This is a super quick curry to make and has a deliciously creamy sauce. If you don't fancy butternut squash, try using the sauce with any other veg. Cauliflower or some big chunks of aubergine would work really well.
Write a review
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste (I used Patak's)
- 1 tin light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- Peel the butternut squash and chop into small chunks. De-seed and chop the pepper into small chunks.
- Put the curry paste in a large pan and gently heat for a couple of minutes.
- Stir the squash and pepper into the curry paste, thoroughly coating.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, bouillon powder and around 200ml of water.
- Bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for around 20 minutes until the squash is soft. Stir regularly to avoid the squash sticking to the pan.
- Enjoy on its own or with rice or naan.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/