Cardamom banana loaf
This is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas and the cardamom is a delicious spice to use in the cake, making a good ol' banana load a little bit different. Enjoy with a cup of tea.
Write a review
- 15 cardamom pods
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 50g dairy free milk
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Split open the cardamom pods and scrape out the seeds. Blitz in a grinder or crush in pestle and mortar (if you'd rather have the work-out) until finely ground.
- Beat the oil, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together in a bowl.
- Mash the banana and add to the egg mixture with the dairy free milk and the crushed cardamom seeds. Mix well.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold through the wet mixture with the salt.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake for around 55 - 65 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a cooling rack.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/