Cashew and Chestnut Burgers
Enjoy these hearty burgers in the Summer with a delicious salad, or add them to your roast with veg, potatoes and gravy for a slightly different vegan option.
Write a review
- 100g cashew nutes
- 100g cooked chestnuts
- 1/2 a small red onion
- 100g silken tofu
- 75g oats
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 dollop of dairy free herby cream cheese (we used Sheese)
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Place the cashews in the food processor and blend until they start to come together into a butter-like consistency.
- Add the chestnuts, onion, tofu and oats and continue to blitz until it forms a smooth paste. You might need to add these a little at a time.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients. Season to taste. The mixture will be quite sticky, but should be workable into patties.
- Divide the mixture and shape into patties. Place on a foil lined baking tray and bake for around 20 minutes, turning half way, until golden and crisp on the outside.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/