This risotto is super mushroomy and the ultimate, earthy comfort food. Serve with a simple salad, or just enjoy on its own.
Write a review
- 300g portabella mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Handful of dried mushrooms
- 1 glass white wine
- 1l vegetable stock
- 300g risotto rice
- 2 dessert spoons nutritional yeast
- Make up the vegetable stock with boiling water. Add the dried mushrooms to the stock and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and gently fry in olive oil.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the onion and and garlic. Cook until reduced.
- Add to rice and cook, stirring for a coupe of minutes.
- Add the wine and a small amount of stock.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue to add more stock, a little at a time, stirring continuously until the rice is cooked, around 10 - 15 minutes. Stir in the nutritional yeast and season to taste before serving.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/