Peanut Butter Cups
The Reese's treats is one of my favourites but is no good for dairy free-ers. No one should have to go without peanut butter and chocolate so here's a quick dairy free version. The "home-made" chocolate uses raw cacao and much less sugar than the Resse's originals so you can even tell yourself these are good for you. Well, maybe one was. Ten ... probably less so.
Write a review
- 50g cocoa butter
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp agave, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Smooth peanut butter
- Melt the cocoa butter in a bowl over boiling water.
- Stir in the cacao, vanilla, agave and salt and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug or something easy to pour from.
- Line up around 10 mini muffin cases and pour in the mixture to about 1/3 of the way up each case.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set (around 15 minutes in the freezer, 45 in the fridge). If you have one, keep the cases in a mini muffin tin - this will help them hold their shape.
- Once set, carefully dollop a little bit of peanut butter on top of the chocolate in each case, leaving space in the cases to cover with more chocolate. I find using two teaspoons is the best way to do this.
- Fill each case up with the remaining chocolate to cover the peanut butter then place back in the fridge / freezer to set.
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/