This recipe is perfect as a quick starter / snack or to accompany salads or anything else for that matter - I would happily add this to most of my meals... Avocados are so creamy they make a great dairy substitute in loads of dishes (savoury and sweet: avocado chocolate mousse anyone?) and they are full of good stuff too.
Write a review
- 2 avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Optional: small chilli, tomato or anything else you fancy.
- Mash the avocado in big bowl then add half of the lime juice and the remaining ingredients. Season and taste - add the rest of the lime juice if required.
- Alternatively, if you want to avoid mashing and finely chopping, stick everything in a food processor and turn on. Make a cup of tea. Come back to your food processor and you should find guacamole. This method is best avoided if you prefer a chunky texture as the food processor will not be very discriminating (but you could hold back a bit of the avocado to add in at the last minute so it does not become over blended).
The Dairy Free Vegetarian http://www.dairyfreevegetarian.co.uk/